Monday, April 30, 2012

Welcome to the World of EXO - Part 2

OK! My previous post was a little bit depressing if you guys happen to like EXO a lot, but this post is all about why I love EXO. Mostly this post will comprise of an EXO crash course and just my general thoughts. So, let's begin shall we?


How can I describe EXO's music? Well, it's very powerful, for one thing. To be honest, I'm not good at classifying music into genres, so let's just call this pop/rock with heavy metal and electronic influences to make up for my lack of knowledge. However; I can distinguish what kind of style and what kind of vibe they give off. Does Star Trek come to mind? The whole entire time I was watching MAMA, star trek star trek star trek Vulcan, live long and prosper, star trek and star trek kept going through my mind. (I kinda like Star Trek by the way) We can definitely say that EXO is out of this world what with their vibrating, metallic pants - which were very baggy might I add - their glass mosaic pantaloons, and their aluminum foil jackets. By doing this, they're really trying to play up the whole alien/supernatural concept, which helps me segue onto the topic of their awesome magical powers! I love how each member has their own super powers. The special effects were quality stuff! Also, from what songs I've heard, it tells me that EXO is experimenting a lot of different styles of music; (dub step, of course, is included) which I think is pretty interesting. Their music as a whole definitely has a unique sound, I guess you could say it's exotic, but mostly what I love is that each song translate well and sounds good in Chinese and vice versa. Most songs usually sound really off when their translated into another language, but all the songs sound good. I have to say that I sometimes I have trouble deciding which version I'd rather listen too!


Not to mention, I love their voices. So far, I think Chen, Lu Han, D.O. and Baekhyun have got the best voices as well as wide vocal ranges. That, I think, is one of the elements that make their music unique in addition to the main rappers, Kris, who is a rhythmic rapper, and Chanyeol, who is a faster rapper, according to an interview I saw. Despite their main roles in the group, almost all of the members are well-rounded in at least dancing, rapping, and singing. And even though they only have 6 songs on their album, their teasers hint at other songs, which I am really excited for, (i.e. Black Pearl, Beautiful and My Lady!) but I keep hearing that these songs will be in the repackage album. (Crossing fingers!)


Does lightning bending count as a talent? lol
One of my other favorite aspects of EXO is their dancing. I'm trying not to make comparisons with other groups, but how else can I describe EXO's dancing without mentioning some SHINee! (I mean Kai kinda looks like Taemin for Pete's sake!) So, I must commend them on their choreography which possesses the same charisma and complexity found in Shinee's dances. When they dance, it looks so epic and powerful; especially in the teaser because of the slow motion and the sound effects, but enough of the technical stuff, because mostly I want to talk about the members themselves. 


 EXO members are really versatile and multitalented.
Even though this is nothing new because all  K-pop idols are talented in some way or another, I still find it hard to believe that one person can be good at so many things. Kai knows ballet, jazz, popping, and that's just naming a few. Chen and Baekhyun both have amazing singing skills; their voices can hit really high notes! Tao and Xiumin know martial arts. LuHan is just so smart; have you seen him solve a Rubix cube?! Nearly half of them are bilingual or trilingual in Kris' case. SM, where do you find such amazing people? What I love about SMTown is that they always pick people with distinctive characters, I mean that's one of the reasons why I love Super Junior! For this same reason, I like how each EXO member has a unique personality, especially Tao. Since they just debuted, they're still shy and awkward, especially in interviews, so we still have yet to see what they're really like, but I find that to be the fun part! 



EXO-K

Suho

REAL NAME:Kim Joon Myun
DOB:May 22, 1991
AGE:21
SIGN:Gemini
BLOOD TYPE:AB
ROLE:Leader/Lead Vocalist
NATIONALITY:Korean
OPINION:Very shy and awkward in an endearing way.He seems like a lovable leader, in that Onew-kinda way. (sorry again for the comparison.)









BIAS
Chanyeol
REAL NAME:Park Chan Yeol
DOB:November 27, 1992
AGE:20
SIGN:Saggittarius 
BLOOD TYPE:A
ROLE:Main Rapper/Vocalist
NATIONALITY:Korean
OPINION:When I first saw him, he had very fuzzy hair as if it were crimped, so instantly I thought he look like Shut Up Flower Boy's Ha Jin, especially his deep voice, his tall height, and his easy going manner. 




BIAS


Baekhyun
REAL NAME:Byun Baek Hyun
DOB:May 6, 1992
AGE:20
SIGN:Taurus
BLOOD TYPE:??
ROLE:Main Vocalist
NATIONALITY:Korean
OPINION:Try try try not to read comments on YouTube before you watch a video, or sometimes you'll regret it. I did and now every time I say hear his name, I think of Bacon, albeit a very cute bacon with an amazing vocal range.










BIAS
D.O.
REAL NAME:Do Kyung Soo
DOB:January 12, 1993
AGE:19
SIGN:Capricorn
BLOOD TYPE:??
ROLE:Singing/Beatboxing
NATIONALITY:Korean
OPINION:He is one of the first people I memorized from EXO-K, and I really like his jet black hair.He has a powerful voice, but he doesn't seem like the talkative type, and his name sounds really cool.









KAI

REAL NAME: Kim Jong In
DOB: January 14, 1994
AGE: 18
SIGN: Capricorn
BLOOD TYPE: A
ROLE: Face/Rapper/Vocalist/Main Dancer
NATIONALITY: Korean
OPINION: Cute and super-duper talented. wasn't that interested in him since he was everywhere, if you understand what I mean. However; he's really shy and awkward too in interviews; it's like he can't say something without laughing. Very endearing.





BIAS
SEHUN
Real Name: Oh Se Hoon
DOB:April 12, 1994
AGE: 18
SIGN:Aries
BLOOD TYPE:??
ROLE:Lead Dancer/Maknae/Rapper/Sub-Vocalist
NATIONALITY: Korean
OPINION:I don't know why but I find dancers very attractive, I mean I like Eunhyuk and Donghae if that tells you anything. So, I really like Sehun; he's shy, quiet, and gentle, but my gut tells me to keep an eye on the quiet ones. Will he turn out to be an evil maknae? (Mwhahaha!)



*EXO-M will be featured in another post.*

-A




No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall