Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Catch Me, If You Can

K-Pop goes to the Big Stage

My mom and I love movies, we love award shows, and we also love musicals, more specifically, Broadway! I love the theatricality of it all, and I admire the hard work it takes to do the same show, on cue, every night. The same goes for K-pop. A K-pop idol doesn't train  5 years for nothing! With that said, fellow Super Junior member Cho Kyuhyun is starring in the musical Catch Me if You Can based on the popular movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio. I have been waiting for the day when Kyuhyun would act, so I knew this was bound to happen and I think a musical suits him perfectly! But wait! There's more! The Almighty Key also stars in this musical! Both idols have the role as "Frank". But wait again! There's still more! Don't be surprised if you spot Girls Generation member Sunny on stage either! She plays "Brenda" here, and my gut tells me that Sunny has the got that charm that will really bring out her character on stage. This show looks really promising and I've never seen a Korean musical before. The only problem is...I don't live in Korea, but then again, isn't that always my problem when it comes to these things?


(Showing from March 28th to June 10)

-A



No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall