Friday, April 6, 2012

Comeback Teasers (4minute & SISTAR)

Today, I thought I would share some teasers for the 4minute and SISTAR's awaited comebacks. I usually don't listen to girl groups, but I'm making an effort to get to know more them more. 


This  first teaser is only 18 seconds so I won't be able to deduce much. It features SISTAR's Bora, at a bar in what looks like to be Vegas. She stands prettily at a bar, with a tattoo on her back? Tattoos don't usually bother me, but this one was big and it looked out of place on her. It looked like it was cut and pasted on her back, regardless I'm awaiting their comeback. The teaser may or may not hint that the song will have dub step. The only problem with teasers is that they show off the members, not necessarily the song. Nonetheless I'm going to expect some dubstep anyway. As for Hyorin's teaser, she definitely shows a lot of confidence. I liked her vocals in the background so I'm also expecting to hear the same elements from their teasers in their comeback. All we have left to see is Dasom and Soyu
While SISTAR went the party girls route, 4minute went down the vampire edgy route. Now, vampires are pretty cool, and the teasers looked cool too..... but is it so wrong for me to say been there done that? With all these new comebacks, there was a lot of darker edgier concepts, rarely any bubblegum pop, feel-good concepts that K-Pop's known for. I wouldn't be as disappointed with their concept if some of their teaser photos hadn't misled me. The first teaser photos I saw of 4minute were light, pinky and innocent, but then their teaser showed Hyuna with blood red eyes! (Kinda freaky!). I'm guessing the teaser is for only one of the songs, and the pinky and fluffy photo was for their whole album. I think? I loved the saxophone in the teaser too, which is new, so I hope they incorporate that in their song. Either way, I'm giving 4minute a chance to take this concept and make it their own, because I have listened to some of their other songs, and they're pretty good.  Volume up! 
From this.....
....to this! What just happened?


So, who am I most excited for? Both. I'm excited for SISTAR's music video, but I'm excited for 4minute's song. Apparently, fan wars are brewing, but I think we can all agree that both girl groups bring their own sass and attitude to the table, which is why we love them. Both are equally good and each express their own, individual styles. No hating here, I'll just be waiting. (kekeke. That rhymes!) 


-A


*All photos and credits belong to their rightful owners.*

No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall