Sunday, June 24, 2012

Super Junior 6JIB Teaser Photos (Yesung, Ryeowook, Shindong & Leeteuk)

Back from the beach and I come home to pouring rain and dark skies. Just how I like it! Now that I'm back I finally got a chance to take a good look a Yesung, Ryeowook, Shindong, and Leeteuk's teaser pics and as it turns out the real concept is "Beautiful Males". While Super Junior is always beautiful, I'm still not getting that particular vibe from these photos. The pictures all seem very random and incoherent. There isn't a common theme that connects them together; rather it seems that each photo has its own theme. Like I said in my last post, I'm still waiting for the music video. 


So, here's my play by play of all the pictures:


When I first saw this on AllKpop, I didn't even recognize Leeteuk. Actually, I thought it was Xia Junsu before I clicked on it. Honestly, his hair looks very fluffy like a birds nest and the cats eye makeup gives him a bird-like quality. I guess that makes sense since Leeteuk is very talkative, but I'm still waiting for when the "beautiful male" part kicks in. (In terms of concept not in looks, because Leeteuk is pretty handsome)


I actually like Ryeowook's teaser picture, only because it matches his style. It's not too crazy or over-the-top, and I can actually believe that Ryeowook would wear something like this. Plus, I think the reddish hairstyle suits him. 



Should I say it, because I know you're all thinking it. This looks all too similar to another K-Pop group... OK! It's very similar like Taeyang's frozen scene in Fantastic Baby. It's as if Shindong  fell asleep in the freezer. He looks painful because his neck appears frostbitten. Awww...Shindong.


While Yesung isn't my most favorite member, I think he looks really good here.The picture looks very ethereal and mystical. Since I've always liked this kind of style, I really appreciated the softness and pastel colors of the photo.  However; he doesn't look like himself at all! I had to do a double take because I thought he looked like Shinee's Key

Overall, I'm fully surprised by these images. In addition to the incoherent themes, I don't like how we can't see their eyes, nonetheless recognize who they are. Considering this is Leeteuk's last album before he enlists in the army and since this is the same album that Kangin's making his comeback, I was expecting something simple and nostalgic. I really wanted something to represent and remind us of why we fell in love with Super Junior in the first place. 6 Down, 4 more to go.

-A

*All credits including pictures and videos belong to their rightful owners.*


No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall