Sunday, June 10, 2012

10 Reasons Why I Love MBLAQ


I started loving MBLAQ about a 2 months ago, and I have drawn up a list of stuff that I love of them. Some may seem random, but who knows? Maybe you'll like them for the same reasons, too! 


1. G.O.'s Mustache
Personally, I prefer guys without mustaches, so it's no wonder why I like Asian guys! They're always so cleanly shaven! However; with all things, there is an exception, in this case, it's G.O. First of all, I was enamored by the mere fact that he actally had one, because as we all know, mustaches are a rare thing among K-Pop groups, but G.O. makes it work! He looked like a boss! Coolest K-Pop idol with a mustache ever! (Sorry Shindong!

Call me a weirdo, but I am oddly attracted to guys who like manga. I first saw Mir's giant shelf of comic books on an episode of Hello Baby. The kids were playfully looking at his books, and he freaked out! I thought it was cute, because I would do the same thing. ^__^

3. Thunder's Aegyo
When I didn't know anything about MBLAQ or the members, I thought Cheondung was the maknae, but  based on looks alone you wouldn't have guessed that Mir was the maknae right,? Right? I mean, when I saw Cheondung on Sesame Player, I just wanted to eat his cute mochi cheeks! Plus,  he's a bit playful and mischievous his voice has always been high-pitched for a guy, so I just assumed...and even if Cheondung says he doesn't have aegyo, he's got natural aegyo!


4. Lee Joon's Silliness
Sorry, but even those with Lee Joon biases cannot deny the fact that whenever Joon is on TV, he says or does some stupid stuff. Who knows? Maybe he's just acting? Maybe this is just an underlying sign of intelligence, but whatever it is, it's very entertaining to watch! 


5. Seungho's Talents
There's always one member of a group that can do a bajillion things! In MBLAQ, Seungho can sing, he's the leader, plays piano, can beatbox,, play guitar and he knits! That's just naming some of his talents! If you Google him, a looong list of results will come up! Pfft! What an overachiever. (I'm just kidding! But seriously, this guy is amazing!)


6. Thunder's Filipino
I freaked out when I heard Thunder lived in the Philippines! I guess it's my Pinoy Pride. Hahaha. He's so cute when he speaks Tagalog.


7. Joon's Dimple
If you read comments on YouTube, fangirls drool over his abs, which, I admit are very drool worthy, except  the feature that stood out to me the most was Lee Joon's dimple. The dimple-abs combination makes him look like the cool city guy who wears fancy shades and crisp blazers. 


8. Mir's Rapping
This one is probably more random than the others, but I've always liked the way that Mir rapped in the beginning of "Oh Yeah". It was a blurb of Korean words with so much attitude! And now that I think about it, his rapping in Mona Lisa was really cool too. (Rain-ssi, you taught them well). As a matter of fact, all of them were so cute yet super handsome and cool at the same time. 


9. MBLAQ's Music
I guess this one's a Duh! reason, because for me, I would have to like a group's music before I would actually start liking the group itself. With all the K-Pop groups debuting, it's hard to not rinse and repeat the same concepts or the same styles of music. However; MBLAQ is one of those groups with a distinctive style that once you hear it, you know right away that this is an MBLAQ song. I love how MBLAQ stands apart music-wise, what with songs like "Y" and "Cry" that are more of an R&B style as well as songs like "Mona Lisa" and "Oh Yeah" that infuses Spanish style music. 


10. MBLAQ's Maturity Level
Sometimes I forget that K-Pop idols are in their 20's, because they never act their age! (cough cough Super Junior). Not trying to put down other groups, but MBLAQ is probably one of the groups that I know who knows when to go crazy and have fun on variety shows, and then transition back to mature adults in interviews with well-said and well-thought responses. This is what I admire most about MBLAQ and I know that they will get far in this industry. 


**All credits including pictures and videos
 belong to their rightful owners**


-A

No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall