Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Super Junior Sexy Free and Single Quick Review

The Lee Brothers! Ahh! They're my biases! <3

I'm going to refrain as much as I can from fangirling and make this review short and to the point as much as possible, but I am proud to say that I was one of the millions of ELF's that waited till midnight to watch this music video. Were my expectations high? No, not really. It's a well-known fact that SM has gotten too comfortable with Super Junior, so the music video was a reuse and recycled version of Mr. Simple, Sorry Sorry, and Bonamama to an extent. As always, this is unfortunate, but tell the hardcore fangirls that! We, including myself, love and support Super Junior unconditionally, but from an objective standpoint the music video felt very claustrophobic to me and some of the effect were a bit tacky, but I loved when they were walking in slow motion in suit jackets. (I'm sorry sorry, but I can't deny guys in suits!) Oh, and did I forget to mention Donghae is the first thing you see with his eyes and beautiful face staring into your soul! (This is the fangirl talking) Plus, my prediction came true!! Their teaser photos look NOTHING like the music video which is a huge relief. As for the song itself, it's very electronic and while listening to it, the low buzz in the background reminded me of cicadas at night, and for those of you who live in the south, you'll know what I mean. The only redeemable part of this song, that makes it stand apart from Mr. Simple is the beginning of both the music video and the song. It has a super catchy and smooth bridge in the sea of chunky-sounding, digitized verses. Overall, I wasn't really disappointed with the song and music video, because I expected this, but I like this better than Mr. Simple. So, as a result, I'm not here for the the song, I'm here for the Sexy, Free, and Single 10 - emphasis on 10- guys who will perform on stage once again! We ELFs are waiting! 

-A

I know Anne did a review too, but I couldn't help it! It's Super Junior! The Last Man Standing! 

*All credits belong to their rightful owners.*

No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall