Thursday, July 5, 2012

11 Must Listen To K-Pop Songs Part II

Lo and behold! I have returned with none other than some more K-Pop ear candy! I hope you guys enjoyed my last batch of K-Pop songs, but here' the last six. I hope you guys enjoy and remember to keep looking because you'll never know what you'll find! (And if you missed Part 1 of this click here.)

6. Bingle Bingle - Big Bang
On many accounts I may seem biased like right now. I know I listed Big Bang twice on this list, but Bingle Bingle was too good to pass up.  This song has got more of a rocker feel while still retaining that Big Bang style. This song has some hints of guitar riffs too. My only question: what does Bingle mean? Is it Korean? Is it English? How many licks does it take to get to the center of Lolli Lolli Pop? The world may never know. Plus, as always the lyrics are very clever and creative, but I expect nothing less than that from these guys.



7. No Mercy - SISTAR
Every album gives off a certain vibe, and SISTAR's Alone album gives off that funky, femme-fatale-esque vibe. The proof is this song. The beginning starts off with an incredibly funky beat back from the past, presumably the 70's, while the rest of song is comprised of synths and SISTAR's strong vocals, but the best part is the climatic bridge (around the 2:32 second mark) to the chorus. It feels like your quickly appraoching  the top of a roller coaster or it's as if you're on an airplane on takeoff. Probably one of the most underrated, and  catchy SISTAR songs I've heard. 

8. Baby, Don't Cry - U-KISS
Ahh, U-KISS, I cannot Believe as much as your song tells me to, that you guys are that underrated as a group, but one day you WILL get 1st place, even if I have to go there to Korea myself. This song comes off of their Neverland album, and it such an upbeat song that definitely make any fangirl (or guy) stop crying. It's got the classic U-Kiss sound, with their electronic sounds and awesome raps, but it's not too high tempo like Neverland or Believe, so you have time to breathe, process, and enjoy the song for what it is, a really good song. 

9. Just the Two of Us feat. Miss A's Min - B1A4's Baro
This has to be my favorite song off of B1A4's Ignition album; this song really takes good advantage of Baro's deep voice and amazing rapping. It's a hip hop song with such a rich sound especially due to Baro's rapping (which had a lot of attitude, just how I like them) and Min's vocals. Who would've thought that such a cute squirrel boy like Baro could have such a deep voice, nonetheless composing skills. That's right, you heard me, composing skills. Baro helped write this song. Looks like Jinyoung has some competition on his hands.


10. Crying feat. Baby Soul - INFINITE's Dongwoo & Hoya
While we're at it, let's add another song, making this list the 11 must listen songs. I'm adding this one because Just the Two of Us, reminded me of two of my other favorite rappers, Dongwoo and Hoya. I put this 10th because, I'm saving the best for last. In comparison to the prior song, Crying has more of a blue, rain is falling, mellow mood especially enhanced by the piano. Hoya and Dongwoo's voices stand out to me in a way that I can't describe, but their sound fits the song, I suppose because it's not so ostentatious, rather it conveys more emotion.

11. Now or Never - 2am's Jinwoon
I saved the best for Last! Remember the Jinwoon from Dream High 2 who wanted to do RAWK and Roll! Remember this: "G MINOOOORRR!" Luckily, this song doesn't have any G MINOOOORRRS, but it is absolutely amazing. It is phenomenal when K-Pop artists - emphasis on artists- spend time and effort  on their music, because the results usually never disappoint me. Jinwoon wrote and composed this song. It seems that Jinwoon's real style was rock, and it suits him so well.   Listening to Now or Never has a coldplay-esque vibe, but Jinwoon makes it his own. His vocals are so smooth and he has wide vocal range too. Even the music video is so creative (no boxes in sight) and the lyrics are inspiring. It's such a brilliant piece of music that I highly suggest that you don't pass up. I won't say any more than that, because it's just that good. 

-A


*All credits including pictures and video belong to their rightful owners*

No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall