Friday, July 13, 2012

Aftermath - ZE:A Review

ZE:A is another grup who has decided to come and join the summer party :) with their album Spectacular and their title song Aftermath. It was released July 3 on ZE:A's official YouTube Channel ZEA2011.

ZE:A is known but I don't think their as known in the kpop industry I mean the MV was released last week but only have 200,000 views while other popular groups achieve a million views in just 2 days. They really don't get the credit they deserve because these boys are very talented. The reason I just started watching/listening to ZE:A was when I was watching Infinite Youth 2's latest episode where Kwag Hee was a guest and at the end a clip of Aftermath was playing. I will definately be wtching out for them in the future and hope they gain mre popularity later on as a late bloomer I mean IU was a lae bloomer. She wasn't very popular when she debuted with MIA and look at her now she's one of the most popular girls out there.

Since I'm pretty new to ZE:A I don't know all of their names but 2 which are my 2 favorite members and that's Kevin because he is SUPER cute and Kwang Hee because I see him in korean variety shws all the time. I like this ther guy but I don't know his name just yet but I know his face.

The story of the song is of a breakup and the aftermath for the guy. He kept consuming alcohol even when he doesn't drink alcohol very well, calling girls he doesn't even like, always thinking of her and even the smell of her perfume would bring up the memories they had.  at first he didn't know that he was doing this. Endlessly feeling sad. This man really loved that girl and he think he would never get over her and he's even wondering if she's the same. It said when she left so I'm assuming she dumped him.....

The song which was filled with sadness was perfectly portrayed in ZE:A's singing and that's what made me really fall in ove with the song. Many singers can't sing the feelings of the song sometimes and I think they did a mighty fine job in that. I also thought how the parts were distributed helped in helping with that.

The MV was great and went along with the song since it was a sad song the MV too was dark and gloomy and gave certain yearning feeling. I liked how the giant screen in the background of when their dancing changes to match the story of the song like towards the end there was a lyric of something about how the character in the story says I wish I could turn back time and the background is of a clock and of the inside of the clock which I found was a nice touch and I can tell the director was very keen on the details.

Clothing was very stylish but yet....hmm.....I like how it was dark but with pops of color and it was definately preppy like something someone on Gossip Girl would wear but distinctivley korean because of the bright colors and patterns. If you guys noticed most of the time even when they have the same background they have different clothing like in INFINITE's The Chaser MV some of the dance parts they were wearing a dark blue then they were wearing black and white. It was the same for this and in many groups there's this one member who is wearing a totaly different color like the one wearing all red which was actually very nice.

Overall this song and MV are worth taking your time and has made my playlist this summer. It's a good contrast with all the fun and quirky songs like Baby Good Night by B1A4.

2 comments

  1. You're definitely right. ZE:A needs more attention! I just love them boys! <3
    This is my first music from them, so I'm a newbie. Hopefully they will garner more fans, cuz their comeback song "Aftermath" is totally addictive and catchy. The MV was also evenly split to each boys - which I like very much :3
    All in all, nice review. B1A4's "Baby Good Night" is definitely a stark contrast from ZE:A's "Aftermath".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh your so sweet. thx. I think another reason why ZE:A isn't so out there is because they aren't seen much on variety shows other than kwanghee, I might have to disagree with you on the MV being split evenly among the members because I hardly saw Kevin. He was maybe in 3 seconds total for his solo screen time. and even when he sang the camera was on someone else.But singing wise they were evenly distributed.

      Delete

© ramyun
Maira Gall