Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's Fantastic Baby! (Fantastic Baby-Big Bang)

All photos credits belonging to rightful owners (Photo taken from KpopStarz)
Big Bang released another music video, Fantastic Baby, this March 6. This music video blew my mind! It was a sensory overload. The first thing you see is...an owl. Yup, that's right, an owl. Knowing Big Bang, the owl must mean something! Wisdom? Athena? But if you did what I did just now and googled "owl symbolism" (I can't be the only one that's wondering about this!) then you would know that the owl symbolizes:

intelligence
brilliance
perspective
intuition
quick-wit
independence
wisdom
protection
mystery
POWER

Hmmm... does that sound familiar? Sounds like 5 Korean dudes I know... This only proves my point: Big Bang Music Videos are quality stuff! While there is so much going on in the music video, the message is pretty straightforward: You can't restrict music! Music is a powerful tool that can change perspectives, comfort people, and band the most unlikeliest of people together. Just look at Big Bang, they used their music as a form of expression that has garnered fans from all around the world from Asia to Canada to South America to Africa! Needless, to say I love the concept of this music video and I especially like the part near the end where the people take off their masks and dance crazily. It's like they were breaking their chains (figuratively speaking), forgetting all their inhibitions! Love that! 


Now as for the rest of the music video I had to watch it again because my eyes couldn't process all the awesomeness! Somehow Big Bang manages to pull off the most outrageous looks. Normally I would think this video would be weird yet it only makes me want to press replay and marvel at everything! Big Bang really puts a lot of intensity and theatricality in their costumes which makes you forget that G-D is reminiscent of a Tim Burton character or the fact that T.O.P looks like the reincarnation of Jack Frost. Lastly, I really liked the ending where all five members were sitting in their respectful thrones which were created to express each member's image. After all they are the kings of K-Pop. 




As for the song itself, it only took me two times to hear the song before I started singing BOOM SHAKALAKA! As a matter if fact, I was singing it five minutes ago! I would categorize this song under electronic music. You can definitely hear the electronic influences within the song which makes it the perfect club song. I can imagine a whole club jumping, fists pumped and chanting BOOM SHAKALAKA at the top of their lungs! This is definitely a winner. Good job, guys, good job!


  



BOOM SHAKALAKA!


Alll photos credits belonging to their rightful owners :)


No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall