Friday, March 30, 2012

Shut Up Flower Boy Band: Episode 14 Review

*Please note that this reviews will have spoilers*
Yes, I know. I haven't been keeping up with my drama reviews, but luckily, I don't have a lot of homework this weekend, so I'll be posting a lot.


 After my little K-drama hiatus, I went back to Shut Up Flower Boy Band, and wow, I didn't realize how much I missed this show. After Hyun Soo left (who is my new bias in Infinite), we were left with broken puzzle pieces that don't know how to put themselves back together. Now there are four members and the majority of them aren't taking Hyun Soo's departure so well, espcially Ha Jin. While Ha Jin is bitter like coffee when his "goddess" (Ye Rim) was taken away, Kyung Jong is like a cup of sugar; despite all the turmoil he still remains super sweet and loyal . I was so proud of him when he stood up to  his mother, saying he'd rather die with his friends. That's a true friend right there! I was so touched by this and I wanted to feel bad for the mom, but it's hard when the mother falls to the floor in shambles yelling, "I can't live! I can't live!" over and over again. So, instead, I just laughed. 
Now, let's draw our attention back to our favorite couple, Su Ah and Ji Hyuk or should we say ex-couple. These two really are  a good match; they're caring, courageous, headstrong and righteous, too righteous. In my last blog post, I called Ji Hyuk a courageous martyr, but now I'm beginning to think Su Ah is one too. Both are convinced they are burdening each other, so they break up and completely (attempt) forget each other. It was a good scene: they cuddled up at the Han River whilst playing with sparklers until they made their goodbyes at the bus stop. While Su Ah is trying to be cool like  soba noodles about the whole thing, we all know she's not ok. The scene ends with her bursting into tears on the bus and of course there was a happy Su Ah-Ji Hyuk montage of their best moments. I love this couple, but I think it's best that they break up, for now anyway. Ji Hyuk should devote some time to the band until he can learn to be a better leader and a better boyfriend. I knew this break up would serve as motivation for Ji Hyuk. And I was right! He woke all his friends in the middle of the night to practice! However; this motivational moment lasted for about 5 minutes until the band left the room, doors slamming, hearts sore. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to be woken up late a night to practice my chords and scales either. It was a good try, Ji Hyuk, but not good enough.


Next couple in line is Ye Rim and Hyun Soo. They have made so much progress and it's only been what? one episode. Now they've been appearing on variety shows, and they're getting more one on one time with each other. That said, we're beginning to see the Ice Prince's heart melt little by little around Ye Rim. (Awww!) I especially love the part where she cleverly slips a pink, bird-shaped hand lotion into Hyun Soo's hand. 1) When will Hyun Soo admit he likes her? and 2) Where can I get one of those bird-shaped lotions? (So cute!)

Lastly, we have major breakthrough with our third couple, Do Il and Woo Kyung! A small scene, but such an epic moment for Do Il! Here, Woo Kyung, endearingly scolds Do Il, bruised and broken, but suddenly,  he was like screw it, and he leans in for a kiss! That's right! A kiss! It wasn't a deep, passionate one, but it was more than what he was doing before, which means to say, not much. Out of all the bad stuff, it's nice to know that something good came out of this. Do Il fighting!


I want to say things got better after this, but Shut Up Flower Boy Band is too much of good show to extinguish such a big conflict so easily.  All of the members are being eliminated one by one, as the members' parents are forcing them to leave.  Finally, they officially break up. (What up with all the break ups!?) Ji Hyuk loses his temper because they forgot why they were  a band in the first place.  They lost their purpose, but what do you expect? They're barely eighteen and of course they're gonna make mistakes. It's a journey and I'm just glad to be able to go on the journey with them. So, the episode ends very symbolically with the burning of his guitar symbolizing the end of their music and the end of their band, but with two episodes left, I say, this is not the end. I predict Byung Hee is gonna make a reappearance soon, and he better come quickly. His friends need him.

And be sure to check out the songs from the Shut Up Flower Boy Ost! They sound absolutely amazing!


-A




*All pictures and credits belong to rightful owners". 



No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall