Monday, March 26, 2012

B1A4's Baby I'm Sorry Review

After Paris, I have been experiencing a major case of K-Pop withdrawal! When I came back home it was like Christmas day! There were so many amazing comebacks, i.e. Miss A, Shinee, Big Bang, 2AM, just to name a few! Even the rookie groups shined! So, I made sure not to leave anything out. Reviewing all the songs I want to review would result in a really long blog post so I'm just gonna do this post by post. First up we B1A4's "Baby, I'm Sorry".

Baro's rap immediately drew me in and for me, it really introduced the beat of the song. Following this was Jinyoung's first couple of verses which really set the tone of the song. Plus I loved the contrast in voices between Baro and Jinyoung; Baro brings in a strong intro with his deep voiced rap and Jinyoung's sweet vocals help build up the song. Like Beautiful Target and O.K, the chorus is addicting. It has one of those lines that you're gonna end up singing randomly when your home alone. (Guilty!)

 However; I have a couple of complaints: I noticed a lot of auto tune in this song. It's not a bad thing, because I am  aware that B1A4 is fully capable of singing; rather, it seems that B1A4 was probably using the auto tune to create a particular effect to the song. Personally, I think the same affect would be achieved with or without auto tune. In addition, I wasn't a big fan of Jinyoung's, "Dancing Party Time" part at first. It's a necessary bridge for the song that grows on you after the first couple of replays and you can't help thinking, "Awww, his accent's kinda cute!"  There was also an anti-climax when the song reached a building point after the dan-dan-dan-ddan-ddan- DANCING PARTY TIME, when I expected them to hit a really, climatic high note, but they used a kind of big drum beat instead during their classic victory jump. (This was around the 2:43 mark). 

Other than that, I really enjoyed the song; it's the kind of song that you can jump up and dance to. Plus, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the concept of the video, too because while they experimented with a darker mood, (for B1A4 standards) they didn't stray too far from their cutesy image that we all know and love.Baby I'm Sorry still had that light upbeat feel for a supposedly sad concept, and I mean, who didn't like Baro's bedazzled viking hat? I know I did! 




Enjoy!
-A




No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall