Thursday, March 1, 2012

Uncharted Stars

Today, I begin a new segment called: Uncharted Stars. This is where I report to you, dear readers, about K-pop idols that aren't recognized that much. Let's start with...


AILEE
Curtesy of Rightful Owners

Introducing Ailee! You may recognize her from Dream High 2 where she is currently playing as an idol along with SISTAR's Hyorin and T-ara's Jiyeon. Recently, I have been obsessed with Ailee's first ever single, Heaven. It's got this powerful melody that just draws me in every time. And can you believe that she started out on YouTube? The New Jersey native's career soared as she was featured in songs including Wheesung's The Guy's are Coming. I was first introduced to her when I saw a video of her on YouTube singing her cover of Halo on a Korean TV show. She blew me away with her strong vocals, and she didn't disappoint with Heaven. Some people have already started calling her Korea's Alicia Keys. To me she's just Ailee because her pure talent shines all on her own, no moniker needed. She really does deserve more recognition than she's getting now. Check it out for yourself!





Ailee's Heaven

Ailee's Rendition of Halo


MIRYO Feat. SUNNY 
Credits belonging to Rightful Owners

\

Brown Eyed Girl's resident rapper, Miryo, released a new single, I Love You, featuring SNSD's Sunny, and all I can say is, who knew that Sunny had a voice like that?! But then again, how could we? Even though SNSD's "divides" the roles up evenly in songs, it still seems like one member gets more face time and/or singing time compared to the other. Here, Sunny shines as does Miryo. Miryo showcases superb rapping, while Sunny's sweet voice complements Miryo's somewhat husky voice creating the perfect musical concoction! It's got a slow-ish tempo but the beat and Miryo's rap really supports the song. I usually listen to this song when I feel the need to listen to something different other than the bubblegum pop stuff. This talented duo needs more time in the spotlight! I say!







I LOVE YOU (Feat Sunny)




CLAZZI

credits belong to the rightful owners
From what I know, Clazzi is the leader of the underground group the Clazziquai project. I haven't listened to their songs, but I have listened to Clazzi's singles, and so far, each Clazzi song that I've listened to has been really good, and it doesn't get old like some songs do. Clazzi is unique because his music belongs under more of the electronic genre, so he's kind of like a DJ. It's a potluck of dubstep, synths, and awesome bass drops. And even though I'm not a big fan of jazz, he also mixes in some jazz influences that really add to the overall sound of the music! Plus, he features  various artists in his songs like Tablo in Love Mode or 2am's Seulong in How We Feel, one of which is a favorite of mine. His songs are fun to dance to or just listen to when doing homework, like  I should be doing now. Shame on me.  I just love, love love Clazzi and I guarantee that you guys will like him too!  





This is his latest song; Love Hate! It so good; the melody is just genius!
This is Love Mode, and this one should feat, Tablo rapping.
How We Feel gets stuck in my head all the time, even if I just hear one part of the song, you'll hear me singing... "THIS Is HOW We FEEL! LALALALAmoreKoreanwordsthatidon'tknow!"


All videos taken from YouTube are credits belonging to their rightful owners








No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall