Saturday, February 25, 2012

We Got Married: Part 2

Credits belong to rightful owners
Ni Hao! MBC is one smart cookie considering that their workers are on strike and yet they just began a new WGM, the Chinese version. This new version features Super Junior's Kyuhyun and Chinese actress Lou Yi Xiao. Now I'm not going to lie to you; I was pretty skeptical about this, I was also excited that I would be able to watch some sort of WGM to fill up my Saturday. 

Now please note that everything I say is just my opinion, so don't take this personally in any way or you can agree to disagree, because I'm gonna serve up the bad news and the good news.

Two words to describe this couple: Awkwardly Cute

First of all, the first thing I noticed was the large amounts of awkwardness. Maybe it was the fact that the guy is Korean while the girl is Chinese. Am I the only one seeing the language barrier? However; this wasn't a big hindrance to the overall show. Yi Xiao was very sweet and patient as she waited for Kyuhyun to finish his sentences. (Awwwww!) Plus, from what I could tell Kyuhyun could understand more Mandarin than what he can speak, which is to say, not a lot. Thank goodness for the universal hand gestures! 

You know what bugs me a lot in WGM? This question: "Who's your favorite male idol?" Ugh! All the guys ask this question, and Kyu is no exception. So they ask this, and the girl will answer honestly "Well, I like..." then the guy freezes and gets all stoic and upset. So what if Yi Xiao likes Lee Minho? You're the one who asked her in first place! 


(He was trying to say I won't be unhappy)

That's not unhappy at all.
Now putting all the pessimism aside, overall I really did like this couple. Kyuhyun fans don't kill me when I say this, but personally I think Kyuhyun is spoiled by not only his family but by his SuJu hyungs (means older brother). I mean he's not the best cook, he's a bit lost when it comes to chores, and next to singing his other passion in life is Star Craft (very geeky, cute though ^_^). Then when you look at Lou Yi Xiao, she's very independent, a bit headstrong, and really outgoing and bubbly! Even though she looks a tad old for age, her personality proves otherwise. She's quite different from a Korean girl, and it was refreshing to watch someone like her, because she seemed so real and unscripted (even though it was scripted). So when I watched them, especially during the cooking scenes, I knew that they made a good couple. Yi Xiao is bossy so it works well with Kyuhyun's glib tongue and teasing nature which earned him the title of "Evil Maknae". (dududuuuuuuh!) She can handle his "Evilness" and she's not afraid to throw it right back at him. (Watch the episode and you'll see what I mean.) 

lol! Kyu can't even beat eggs! 
 Lastly they had a lot of endearing moments: Kyuhyun serenaded her and he played piano and harmonica for her. It was so sweet and cute to watch Kyu be romantic! Yi Xiao was touched to tears! Literally! But I doubt she was that touched. C'mon, it's been two days and you're crying? That's what I call a good actress!  Among the numerous impromptu performances, he also presented her with a giant golden locket with a pic of them inside! (Omo!)  I also liked how Yi Xiao attempted aegyo and scattered throughout the episode she would try to use her very limited Korean, which I thought was really sweet too! 
He's playing piano here.


So, here's my conclusion: CUTE COUPLE; KINDA SCRIPTED,SHORT EPISODE

Who's idea was it to make one episode for this? Huh? Scripted or not, I still like this couple.

Cue the "Awwwww's" here
I give them 4 bowls of ramyun -er- well in this case lo mein! and 1 dash of scallions! 
Don't be silent! Speak out! What do you think and comment below!
-A


LINKS
Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I8OYCUfnRY
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rze9Qw5UAb4
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pxz5TEbtcQ
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhM99jUDPjM

*All pictures are credited to their rightful owners

No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall