Monday, February 27, 2012

Rant 1: Title Tracks

Photo taken from Deviant and Courtesy of Rightful Owners
Here is my first rant. I'm ready to unleash my frustration on the world! Now, I really don't understand Korean entertainment companies. Don't you hate it when K-Pop idols have other songs on their albums that are just as good, (gasp!) sometimes even better, than the title tracks they actually promote? Prime examples include Super Junior. Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm an E.L.F, and I love Mr. Simple, A-cha, and Superman, but I also love their other song, Walkin which is just as good. (Mick Jagger said he like it too by the way!) It's got this really awesome reggae vibe to it and I fell in love with it instantly! It sounded different from their other songs which was  why I loved it, because it's the kind of song that you can wake up to in the morning and begin your day with! It's a happy-go-lucky song, which is also why I really really wished that they had promoted it along with Mr. Simple or at least made an music video for. The same goes for SNSD. The Boys was a good song that got stuck in my head after a week {GIRLS BRING THE BOYS OUT!} However; and there's always that however, have you heard their song Trick? It's got an amazing beat with a catchy melody and it's very dance-y! So far they've ONLY promoted the Boys. I'm guessing it's because they have an English version for it so they could promote in the US, but Trick, that was a good song that they should have promoted at least in Korea if not America.


 Lastly, the biggest example is Miss A. I have been scrolling through comment after comment on YouTube that ranges from either "I love it! It's so different!" to "Miss A could have done better." Well, have you listened to the rest of their album? If not, do it now! Right now! Never once have I listened to a whole album, American, Korean, or otherwise, and liked all of the songs on it. That changed with Miss A, because yes, I do like Touch, and all of their songs too. Each song has a plethora of instrumentals that work together to create these catchy beats, climatic, dance-till-your-dead, songs that make you break the replay button! So my question to all of the entertainment companies out there is why don't you promote these songs too?! Wae? 


This is why I love Papa YG. This is what sets apart Big Bang from the rest of the other K-pop idols. They're actually promoting all of their songs. It's pretty ambitious but knowing Big Bang it's more than feasible, it's a sure-fire win. Now I won't get into Big Bang because I'm saving my fan girling for later (FEB. 29!!). But hopefully you see the reason for my frustration. Don't believe me? Check out some of the songs below. 


The Should've, Could've Playlist

This is Super Junior's Walkin'! It's so good that I must, must play it in the morning. It's just that kind of song!
SNSD really should have performed this song (Trick) in America; personally, I think it would've been a big hit!
This is the 1st track, I believe... on the their Touch album; it's called Lips. Trust me when I say you'll be hooked from beginning to end! So far this one is my favorite.
This song is called Rock and Rule and it's got some of that sweetness with Miss A flair; their English is just amazing!
Lastly, this song is called No Mercy; Miss A has definitely evolved as artists and I'm proud of them. And JYP is a genius because these songs really translate well into English! 

So, what's your verdict? Should these be promoted? Could they be promoted? Don't leave anything out and comment below! Don't forget to subscribe to get your daily dose of Ramyun!! 

-A


*All YouTube videos credits belonging to their rightful owners.*



No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall