Wednesday, February 29, 2012

KRASH #3 -- Traditional Korean Clothing

I must say that hanbok's are one of the most beautiful pieces of traditional clothing I have ever seen. Its very elegant and beautiful. Their very colorful and donned with elegant patters. I know that I will wear one of these for my weddings because I'm so in love with them even if I get married to a Korean man or not.  Now these spectacular pieces of clothing are not just worn on everyday basis (while some do) they are usually worn on special occasions like a wedding, funeral/death,  a child birthday, i think they wear it for the new year.

The outfit is made of the 저고리 jeogori and its the upper garment of the hanbok that covers the arms and shoulder. The second piece is Chima which is the skirt. The tie is called an Otokorum. Generally in most hanboks I have seen the top and bottom are different colors...

The picture is of a more modern take on the hanbok. Their wedding hanboks and that's why I said I would wear this for my wedding. I love the colors especially the blue's on it. The chocolate brown matches well with the pretty sky blue. 

For makeup don't cake it on. For a dress like the on in the picture you want the attention to be on the dress. Maybe some bb cream, a soft blush, light pink lips, and eyeliner.

For hair I wouldn't do anything fancy keep it simple because you want people to notice the dress so I would suggest putting it up like the girl on the right in the picture. 

Isn't it beautiful.....

No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall