Sunday, May 13, 2012

Twinkle MV- TaeTiSeo Review

Words to describe Twinkle include....
Sparkly,  Sassy, Cute, Moulin Rouge, 1920's, Pink, and More Sparkly Stuff.


I am a sucker for music videos that have a strong theme. For Twinkle, it was the sparkly, starlet, girly-girl theme. For some reason, I keep thinking of the 1920's, what with the vintage car and the old fashioned photographers (equipped with Nikon Cameras just in case you were wondering). The whole setting was very bright and flashy which fit the whole "twinkle" concept. To enhance the Twinkle factor, they even had animated fairy dust effects. The first scene is the red carpet strut, with Chanyeol from EXO-K making an appearance! (So cute!) Then you have the slumber-party-get-ready clip, with the strut-down-a-hallway scene. Following this is the get-on-stage-and-look-cool scene finally ending with the-descend-down-a-staricase-in-long-dresses scene. I pretty much summed up the whole music video right there. But here's a couple of questions I conjured while watching this:


How can someone look so good in hair rollers? 


Why is Tiffany carrying a puppy?! (For some reason this bugs me) (I have nothing against puppies though!!) 
    Why is Baekyun in their dressing room? (Not that I mind... but you know, privacy issues?)

    Why does Tifany wink a lot? (Total: 9 {I counted}) 

    Why do they walk down the same hallway TWICE in different clothes? Wae? 

    Why aren't there more EXO-K members in this music video? Hahaha (Sehun and Kai were in the hallway scene btw)

Just something to think about when you watch it.

As for the dance. I thought the moves were cute, but I thought the song was too sassy to be cute. I was hoping for some sort of kicking motion, like Chicago or something like that.

Then we have clothes. With 8 outfit changes, I can't go without mentioning the clothes! My favorites included the opening outfit, and the on-stage outfit.  Seohyun especially looked fierce during the stage scene. The maknae is a baby no more, as she has proven in Twinkle that she can belt out a long note and shoot daggers with her eyes in this song! However; I thought Tiffany's dress during the stage cut looked too playful and fun for that particular scene, but nonetheless, I liked everything else, including Tayeon's hair! Her hair was styled perfectly from start to finish in terms of matching her personality and her outfit! I especially liked it when it was down and when it was put in a side pony tail. As always, Taeyeon masters the art of looking fierce and cute at the same time.


Lastly, I thought the ending scene was very cute. The scene ends with the paparazzi waiting desparately for the trio to come out of the building, but to their dismay only a fluffy white dog appears. While upstairs, Tayeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun are laughing at their foolishness. If it wasn't for those meddling kids....


-A
*All the credits including pictures and videos belong to their rightful owner*

No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall