Friday, April 13, 2012

After School Red - Into the Night Sky


Recently, I've been listening to some After School in an effort to get to know more girl groups and there's one of their older songs that I'm absolutely in love with. It's by their sub group After School Red; the song is called Into the Night Sky. I love this song for three reasons:

 1). The Music Video: First of all, how many K-Pop music videos do you know of that are show in the outside? In actual nature? This is why I love this video, because it's not in a club or in a black and white room (no offense Super Junior!), rather it's in the desert. They're riding pickup trucks and motorcycles! 

2.) The Clothes: If After School went to Urban Outfitters you would end up with what I would label as their Desert Flower look: it's very organic. I love the fringe, the cutoffs, the leather and the plethora of feathers! This look is very rare among K-pop Girl groups who usually opt for the super cute image, the metallic punk style, or the the sexy Lolita look. It was a nice change of pace that I hope I can look forward to seeing in YG's new girl group that is said to debut in May.


 3) The Concept: Their concept is very different from some of the other music videos I've seen.  I deem this song a catchy, feel good summer song. My favorite part was when Uee looked pissed but then she was like. "Just kidding!" and they laugh it off. It's not too outrageous: it's just a band of friends having fun and letting loose! If that doesn't scream summer, I don't know what does. The music video makes me want to roam around in the middle of the desert and have a bonfire party too! That is... once I start living near a desert, I will. 


I don't see why this music video doesn't have a lot of views! It's different and unique and I really hope that After School Red makes more music like this, because I would most definitely buy their album! So, be sure to check it out! 

-A

No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall