Monday, August 6, 2012

Rooftop Prince KDRAMA REVIEW

File:Rooftop Prince.jpg


Hmmmm......Singer turned Actors aren't really my thing since there are a few singers that are just not cut out to be an actor or an actress and that's what really made me judge this drama since JYJ's Yoochun is the lead. But after some coaxing from myself and also complete and utter boredom I decided that I should try it out. Another reason why I kind of didn't want to watch this drama was because of it being very historical.

I'm not one to believe the hype on drama's because I am very stubborn and so even, I someone who is completely obsessed with Lee Min Ho still hasn't watched City Hunter....maybe it's because I like thinking of him as the leader of F4 , Goo Jun Pyo who was my first love in the kdrama world. But now I believe the hype because this drama was worth the 20 hours straight that I stayed up and watched this. And guys when I become obsessed I become a whole other me. I become an ultimate otaku,I refuse to come out of my room unless I have to use the toilet. And I get super dedicated.

Let's talk about the who's who.

Lee Gak / Yong Tae Yon - Park Yoochun

Lee Gak is the Crown Prince and one morning he sees that his precious crown princess is face down in the water. Little did he know that it was not his wife but his sister-in-law. He travels 300 years into the future with his 3 companions to solve the mystery of the murder. He then later pretends to be Yong Tae Yong to try to solve the murder and also later falls in love with Bak Ha

Yong Tae Yong is Lee Gak's reincarnation

Bak Ha / Bu-Yong -  Han Ji Min
Park Ha is the one who takes Lee Gak and his 3 friends into her rooftop house and tries to help them solve the murder but in the middle falls in love with the crown prince. When she was 9 her thought to be step sister put her in a back of a van and left her there. The van got into an accident where she was in an accident that made her loose her memories.

She's the reincarnation of Bu-Yong the crown prince's sister in law.

Hong Se Na / Hwa-Young - Jung Yoo Mi

She's a jelous grl who will stop at nothing to get what she wants. She is Bak Ha's step sister but is really her blood sister. She was thone that put her in the back of the van. She is the reincarnation of the crown prince's late wife.

Yong Tae Mu/ Moo Chang - Lee Tae Sung

He is Yong Tae Yong's cousing who is hungry for the company and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. he works like crazy and is in love with Se Na.


I don;t want to do a whole gigantic summery of the whole 20 episode so I'll put the sypnosis from wiki.

Tae-mu (Lee Tae-sung), after killing his lost cousin in the United States, returns to Korea, claiming that his cousin, Tae-yong (Park Yuchun), could not be found in New York City. Meanwhile, Tae-mu has been having a secret affair with Se-na (Jung Yoo-mi), who, in turn, runs into her long-lost stepsister Park-ha (Han Ji-min). Park-ha has been missing for a prolonged period of time and it is revealed that she was in the US after Se Na offered her for adoption.
Two years after Tae-yong's disappearance, four men dressed in Joseon era garments, fall onto Park-ha's rooftop house. Homeless and having nowhere to go, the four men decide to stick with Park-ha. Their leader claims that he is the Crown Prince of Joseon (Park Yuchun), along with his entourage Song Man-bo (Lee Min-ho), Woo Yong-sool (Jung Suk-won), and Do Chi-san (Choi Woo-shik). One day, Crown Prince Lee Gak sees Se-na who is the spitting image of his beloved wife, who was found drowned in the 18th century. He is convinced the two are reincarnations of each other. Meanwhile, company president Yeo (Ban Hyo-jung) mistakes Lee Gak for her grandson, Yong Tae Yong, because of their exact same appearance, and believes that her long lost grandson had finally returned. Lee Gak realizes that he has time traveled 300 years to 2012, Seoul, to search for the truth behind the mysterious death of the late Crown Princess. In order to approach Se-na, who is also President Yeo's personal assistant, Lee Gak pretends that he is Tae-yong. Tae-mu, believes that he killed his cousin in New York, feels threatened when he hears the news that Tae-yong has returned and started working in the company.
On the other hand, Park-ha is shocked, and somewhat saddened by the news that her new friend who calls himself the Crown Prince is, in fact, the grandson of CEO. But before long, she realises that she loves Lee Gak, and feels sad as prince Lee Gak approaches Se Na in order to solve the mystery of princess' death.


-------------------------------------

My thought are this is a superb drama. ts very finely paced and just everything flows with whatever's happening. The feelings were very much displayed by the actors perfectly and made it so believable. I cried a lot during his drama.

Kudos to Yoochun for continuing filming his loss at that time.

The soundtrack also had tht same feeling in the songs. It was that sad sng Hurt by Ali that made me so teary.






 

No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall