Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I Got A Boy MV - SNSD REVIEW

Im going to start the year off right with a new review of SNSD's new MV I Got A Boy. The Mv was released on the 31's of December on SME official YouTube Channel SMTOWN.

INITIAL THOUGHTS 


Big Bang wannabes? At the very start I was ok, cool, nice whimsical cutesy girly start and then Sooyoung starts rapping and I see their outfits and thought BIG BANG WANNABES.... or 2NE1 Wannabes..... I know that SNSD is a very talented group and their very big in the Hallyu Wave and their image of being cute yet sexy but the TOTAL turn around for the concept of this MV is sooooo out of my comfort zone.....This is a total disappointment to me...  Also kind of really tired of the ads on the MV's. SME STOP PUTTING ADS IN THE MUSIC VIDEOS! ITS THE FUCK ANNOYING! and finally their not in oddly lit rooms....

DANCE 


I like it but its a mehhh for me but it is nice. I like how they put Taeyeon at the front to dance

STYLE 


I like it too but I think it would have been better to use the outfits in a different song....But that's just me. It would have been more WITH the song lyrics if they wore cutesy yet edgy clothing.

RAP


If you guys are loyal readers you would know how I feel about rap. I like only certain people's voice who rap and for girls it would be CL and Jia but SNSD girls CANNOT rap.....

SONG 


I like how the song actually has a good meaning and a story. Its a 2 sided conversation between a guy and a girl and thats why there's a constant change in tempo. Here's the ENG translation for I Got a Boy



Ayo! GG! Yeah Yeah, shall we start?

Uh-muh! Look at her, look. What happened to her that she cut her hair? huh?

Uh-muh! Again look at her, look! From head to toe, her style has changed
Why did she do that? I’m curious to death, why did she do that? Tell me



Ha ha! Let me introduce myself! Here comes trouble! Follow after me!

Oh oh oh yeah oh, oh oh yeah oh, you really are something else!



Who is she? Ridiculous

Do you know you’re too self-assertive? She thinks I’m average
Yeah, I guess she really liked him!
No way! No way!
She became so pretty and sexy, it’s because of him, right?
I almost asked her what her new makeup was



Truthfully, I’ve seen it for the first time

The deep eyes, like a scarred beast
I was dizzy by just talking to him!
You really are something else! You really are something else!



Oh oh oh yeah oh, oh oh yeah oh, You really are something else!

Oh oh oh yeah oh, oh oh yeah oh, You really are something else!



Ayo! Stop! Let me put it down another way.



I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one! I got a boy handsome boy, who took all my heart

I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one! I got a boy awesome boy, I must have really fallen for him



Ah, my prince! When are you gonna come save me?

Will you lift me in your arms and fly, like a white dream?



I’m like, surprised, mental collapse! He wants to see my face without makeup. I really like him, would it be okay to show it to him?

Oh! Never! Right? Right?
Let’s keep what needs to be kept, right! right!
Don’t ever forget this until you take all of his heart!



Oh oh oh yeah oh, oh oh yeah oh, even if I stay up all night, it’s not enough, everything everything

Oh oh oh yeah oh, oh oh yeah oh, our biggest interest, everything everything



Listen to me, you all know him, right? He’s a bit young but he’s full inside

Sometimes he is as reliable as an oppa but when he acts charming, he is so cute



Oh oh oh yeah oh, oh oh yeah oh, you’re crazy, crazy

Oh oh oh yeah oh, oh oh yeah oh, you’re crazy, crazy
I’m really angry, my boy doesn’t look at me as a girl
What should I do when I feel hopeless? Should I make him feel jealous? I’m so upset! What do I do?
No way! No way!



Don’t stop! Let’s bring it back to 1:40



I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one! I got a boy handsome boy, who took all my heart

I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one! I got a boy awesome boy, I must have really fallen for him



Always next to me, it’s you, who’s on my side and listens to me, you- you-

I’m happy as it is right now, cause everything will work



I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one! I got a boy handsome boy, who took all my heart

I got a boy, a handsome one! I got a boy, a kind one! I got a boy awesome boy, I must have really fallen for him



I got a boy, a handsome one!


END THOUGHT 



This whole concept was very THOUGHT out and the maker of the song is very talented in writing music but the style their stylist for the song isn't something that matches them. I like the dance and the cute parts. The chorus is really good and I like that Taeyeon (my bias) gets front and center for dancing. They have gotten better in dancing and need some improving in rapping. Over all its not AS disappointing as I thought it would be but I'm not incredibly impressed either






No comments

Post a Comment

© ramyun
Maira Gall